...final major project...

I have made this blog especially for my final major project in uni...i wanted to do it seperatly to my other one because thats for more personal and fun drawings where this one is for my proper work :D

Wednesday 26 May 2010

......Production Analysis.......

Overall I am really happy with the outcome of my film. During advanced tech we had an opportunity to use flash, I really enjoyed this and it swayed my decision to try and make my final film in flash. I had never used this program before so I knew it was going to be a challenge but I wanted to give it a go and I thought the style I could create was exactly how I wanted my film to look.


I was happy with my final film but there are many things that I wanted to do that I did not had time to. I would have liked to use after effects to add to my piece, for example I wanted to add smoke around the house in the opening shot. I used a lot of minimal animation and I would have liked to do a more detailed piece. I was really happy with the music that was composed, it matched the animation and worked really well.


I feel there are many things I could and would have done differently, but I think the only reason I know this now is because I have been through this process and made the mistakes myself and learnt from them. It was the first time I had used flash so I found I was constantly learning and my skills were progressing the more time I spent on it, this was a really nice feeling and I am  really glad I pushed myself to do this film with a medium I had never used before. I really struggled at the start, I was the only one who was using flash and as I had never used it before I didn't really know how I was going to do anything. I couldn't find a starting point to get me going so I started just learning flash and seeing what I could do within the program and from this I progressed and managed to get on with my work.


It has definitely changed my view on flash animation, it was something I never liked and now I understand it I can appreciate it. From creating this film it has made me discover what sort of thing I want to do next year. I feel the piece I have created lacks personality and my artistic flare so next year I want to create something that really fits with my style. I have found this project has really opened my eyes and inspired me to keep progressing and made me want to experiment more and find new ways of expressing myself through my work.



Now that this project has finished I find myself already looking for something else to do. It has made me realise that this is what I want to do and I am sure that choosing the animation route was the right decision. I am really happy with the project that I have created this year and I have learnt a lot from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment